<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 19, 2003

Abhi's Roll Corner 

This mail was simply a treat for someone who looks up at the clouds and imagines them to be fluffs of vanilla ice-cream—another friend of mine, Mayurika, tells me that I think in 'gastronomic metaphors'! So this was just too good to pass off...

"Dear Munni

That digestive part of your mail prompts me in retrieving this good old
good one. Am really sorry if the mail leaves you gasping for more......

A little clarity:
Kada Paker Sandesh - must necessarily from Nakur Nandi (as also the
Malai roll- just sublime)
Chanar Payesh - try out the one served at Rajballabhpada

My own favourites:

* Phuchka & alu dom from pandit ji near birla academy
* Chingri cutlet from Allen's Kitchen, C.R.Avenue
* Biryani & Shami Kabab from Rahmania
* Chilla from Camac Street
* Daler Bada from Vardaan or from Dhakuria Station Road
* Hing Kachuri and Tarkari from Chop Gali, Bhowanipore or from Mrityunjoy,
Lansdowne Market
* Mishti Doi from Bhim Nag, Bowbazar
* Kacha Golla from Nakur
* Chelo Kabab and Bloody Mary from Peter Cat

I could go on and on, but one needs to put a stop to this.
For all my Expat friends, you must be virtually kicking me.

Oh, I forgot:

* Radu babur cha and kabiraji &
* Kachuri near Santoshpur bridge"

More of Abhi's Corner to come later...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?